Hi D2D Campers and Families,
Camp is in 2 weeks! We can barely wait. Here is a little introductory email with hopefully everything you need to know. But please don’t hesitate to ask if we missed something.
- Location: D2D camp takes place in two locations with different drop offs and pickups depending on the day. Please see schedule below to learn where each day takes place.
Albion Hills Community Farm – 16555 Humber Station Road, Caledon ON
Palgrave United Community Kitchen – 34 Pine Avenue, Palgrave (downstairs of Palgrave United Church)
- Schedule: Camp runs daily from 9:00-4:00 Drop off after 8:45am. Pickup after 3:45pm.
Campers need to be signed in and out daily. If someone else is picking up your child, details need to be communicated with D2D staff during morning drop off.
Monday – Kitchen Tuesday – Farm Wednesday – Kitchen
Thursday – Farm and Albion Hills Splash Pad Friday – Kitchen – Seniors Garden Party
- What you need:
– We will be outside every day so dress appropriately with hats and sunscreen. This is especially true on days we are at the farm. I suggest wear long pants at the farm as long grass etc. can be irritating to some people (can bring shorts to change into backpack).
– Closed-toed shoes are required for the kitchen and the farm.
– Don’t forget water bottles!!
– We will be making and sampling yummy food but campers should bring their own lunches and snacks for the day as well.
– We will be going to the splash pad at Albion Hills Conservation Area on Thursday. So bring your swim stuff.
During camp, cell phones are requested to be in camper backpacks and not being used. If there is an emergency then campers will be allowed to use to contact parents. If campers bring a phone, it is to be used (after given permission by D2D staff) and if phone is misplaced or damaged, campers and parents realize it is at their own risk (and will not be the responsibility of Palgrave United Church to repair or replace). We are encouraging campers to spend time without their technology. Parents can contact Amy on her cell phone during camp. Amy cell number 416-419-9241
Palgrave United Church Community Kitchen COVID19 recommendations for D2D Camp:
Please screen your camper daily prior to coming to camp. If your camper has any symptoms please follow the below public-health measures and notify Amy prior to coming to camp. Campers will spend time in the kitchen and will be closer than 2m (6 feet) apart. We encourage campers to bring a face mask and wear a mask during these times. During other activities (inside and outside) wearing a mask is a personal choice and staff and campers are encouraged to wear a tight-fitting mask if they feel it is the right choice for them.
See you on Monday July 11. Amy’s cell number is 416-419-9241 if you need to reach us.
The Dirt to Delicious Crew