Camp is almost here! We can barely wait. Here is a little introductory message with hopefully everything you need to know. But please don’t hesitate to ask if I miss something.
D2D camp takes place in two locations with different drop offs and pickups each day. Please see schedule below to learn where each day takes place.
Albion Hills Community Farm – 16555 Humber Station Road, Caledon ON
Palgrave United Community Kitchen – 34 Pine Avenue, Palgrave (downstairs of Palgrave United Church)
Camp runs daily from 9:00-4:00
- Monday – Kitchen
- Tuesday – Farm
- Wednesday – Kitchen
- Thursday – Kitchen – Food Festival (RSVP*)
- Friday – Farm – Splash Pad
3. What you need
- We will be outside every day so dress appropriately with hats and sunscreen. This is especially true on days we are at the farm. I suggest wear long pants at the farm as long grass etc. can be irritating to some people (can bring shorts in backpack).
- Close-toed shoes are required for the kitchen and the farm.
- Don’t forget water bottles!!
- PLEASE NOTE: Cell Phones will be collected during camp day (Campers will have access to phones for emergencies and for designate times)
- We will be making food for ourselves so lunches are not necessary on days we are at the kitchen (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) but please bring lunches for days at the farm (Tuesday and Friday). When we are at the kitchen, campers are also welcome to bring snacks to eat throughout the day as well if they wish.
- We will be going to the splash pad at Albion Hills Conservation Area on Friday. So bring your swim stuff.
4.* D2D OUTDOOR FOOD FESTIVAL:
Our special surprise for this week of camp is our campers will be participating in an Outdoor Food Festival for one night only. Thursday evening starting at 5:00pm we will be inviting family, friends and community members to come. I hope this evening works for campers to stay longer (5:00 – 7:00pm). We will be selling food and art products (campers creations) – Please bring cash to support our D2D Food Entrepreneurs.
In order to facilitate cleanup (and to allow campers to leave by 7:00pm) PLEASE bring along your own dishes (cups, cutlery, plates) and BYOC (bring your own chair or picnic blanket). To estimate the number of servings necessary – Please RSVP to your camper and to Amy by Monday night pickup. We don’t want to disappoint and run out.
See you on Monday. Please remember to bring D2D Reg Form 2020 (both sides – 2 signatures)
Download the D2D Registration Form here: D2D Reg Form 2020